Want something warm, cheesy, and smokey for your Super Bowl Sunday spread? Try Muscle Mac’s Smoked Mac & Cheese recipe by @anthony.lee.patterson. This side dish is filled with creamy cheesy goodness and then smoked to perfection. A great addition to any party spread! Give it a try and let us know what you think!
- 1 Box Muscle Mac Shells & Cheese
- 1 Box Original Muscle Mac
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 Tbs Mustard Powder
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Half & Half
- 8oz. Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Gouda
- 1/2 Cup Mexican Style Cheese Shredded
- Cook noodles to boil and stop when the noodles have a firm chew Al dente.
- Begin making cheese sauce by first melting the butter and adding flour to a smooth consistency.
- Add your milk and half and half. Continue to whisk until boil.
- Add softened cream cheese, continue to whisk.
- Add Shell cheese packet and Gouda.
- Mix in your ground mustard and continue to whisp.
- Remove cast iron from direct heat and stir in your noodles.
- Once noodles are covered in the cheese sauce, smooth out the top and add your toppings. Be as creative as you like. I topped the dish with Mexican style shredded cheese and seasoned with Frag Out-Operator-Red Hickory Seasoning.
- Preheat the smoker to 225°.
- Relocate your cast iron skillet to the smoker and smoke for 1 hour.
- Remove and enjoy!